Canon Pixma MP980 Printer Drivers Download – The Canon PIXMA MP980 is a refresher from its predecessor, the PIXMA MP970. This model adds an automatic document feeder, but slower print speeds and lower capacity ink cartridges ultimately make it an unattractive product.
Some design elements have changed from the MP970, but nothing drastically different from the new model. It retains the same two-tone silver and black design of other PIXMA multifunctions, although the MP980 feels boxier.
Gaining access to ink cartridges is more difficult than with previous PIXMA multifunctions. This is somewhat understandable given the weight of the unit’s top, but the inside cover hinges lack the subtlety that made previous PIXMA units easier to handle. We were also disappointed with the rear tray; although the mechanism is unlikely to be damaged during normal use, it does not feel as comfortable to use as other Canon home multifunctions.
This unit offers Ethernet connectivity and automatic duplexing, on top of staples such as CD/DVD printing and negative/35mm slide film scanning. The MP980 also offers direct printing options, with a media card reader that supports MemoryStick, SD, and CompactFlash, as well as a PictBridge-enabled USB port. These features seem a bit bland compared to the integrated Wi-Fi and touchscreen panels found on competing multifunction. See Also Canon PIXMA E4570 Driver
Speed is the MP980’s biggest problem. Our tests show the unit is capable of printing mono text documents at an average of 13.8 pages per minute, with the first page out in 10.1 seconds. Normal documents print at 9.6ppm. Documents with color graphic elements print more slowly, at a draft quality of 7.8ppm and at a normal quality of 3.2ppm. While these speeds don’t deviate drastically from the PIXMA MP970, the MP980 is still far behind competitors at similar prices.
Surprisingly, we didn’t encounter this problem when printing photos; standard 4x6in photos print in 19.1 seconds, and A4 photos in 59.1 seconds.
Printed text quality is acceptable, but lacks the character accuracy of the cheaper PIXMA MP630. Color accuracy and brightness met our expectations, but photos suffered from banding — until recently this had not been a problem with Canon printers.
Fortunately, scanning is the MP980′s advantage. This unit offers a maximum scan resolution of 4800x9600dpi and it can be used to scan 35mm slides and negative film. The quality is outstanding, with outstanding color accuracy and unmatched detail. The unit exhibits no bias in terms of brightness and contrast and provides an accurate and balanced representation of the source image. For digitizing traditional films and slides, as well as scanning standard documents, this unit does a great job.
The MP980 is quite expensive in the long run, costing users an average of 22c per page. The cartridges themselves are also of a lower capacity than those previously used in PIXMA printers, so users should expect to change cartridges more frequently.
The PIXMA MP980 offers decent features for photo enthusiasts and home offices, but slow print speeds and print quality issues make it a poor addition to Canon’s lineup.
Canon Pixma MP980 Ink Absorber Full
Canon printers use small, springy pads to absorb excess ink that builds up when printing and also, clean the printheads. At the point when these cushions are soaked, the printer will inform you with a blunder message Ink Absorber Full. Some models feature a series of flashing lights that you should read in the user manual to describe. When the ink absorbent pad is full, you can easily remove and clean it in most Canon printers.
- Fill a huge bowl with warm lathery water and put it away. Wear rubber gloves.
- Open the ink cartridge compartment. Depending on your Canon printer model, this compartment may be on the front or back of the machine.
- Wait for the ink cartridge to move completely, and then unplug the printer power cord.
- Look for the black rubber frame under the ink cartridge assembly. It contains an ink absorbent pad.
- Pull the rubber frame from the printer and remove the ink absorbent pad. The number of bearings varies by model.
- Place the pads in the bowl. Rub and squeeze to remove the ink. At the point when the water becomes murky from the ink, dispose of the arrangement and top off the bowl with hotter, sudsy water. Proceed with this strategy until everything the ink is taken out from the cushion.
- Crush abundance water from the cushion and put it on a pile of three or four paper towels to dry.
- Actually, look at the cushions consistently to decide whether they are dry. On the off chance that the paper towels become soaked, supplant them.
- Place the pad back into the rubber frame when it’s completely dry. Replace the frame in the printer.
- Press and hold the Power button and reconnect the power cable. Whenever the printer is on, discharge the button. Stand by five seconds and press the “Power” button once more. This will reset the printer’s inside memory and abrogate the Ink Absorber Full mistake code.
Canon Pixma MP980 Printer Drivers Download for Windows
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 Full Software Package (Windows)
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 IJ Network Device Setup Utility (Windows)
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 EasyPhotoPrint Editor (Windows)
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 My Image Garden (Windows)
Canon Pixma MP980 Printer Drivers Mac Download
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 Full Software Package (Mac)
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 IJ Network Device Setup Utility (Mac)
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 EasyPhotoPrint Editor (Mac)
Download —> Canon Pixma MP980 My Image Garden (Mac)